Friday, June 29, 2012

Dean Geofrey Mills Announces Organizational Changes

Dear MHE Student:

I am writing to you today in my capacity as your dean to bring you fully into the picture regarding some positive and powerful changes to the College and to the MHE administration.

Firstly I want to both welcome all of you into the MHE family and to give you a hearty and sincere 'well done' for your achievements to date. I realize fully what a demanding program this is, how all of you lead busy and sometimes hectic lives full of personal and professional obligations. It is not an easy thing to be an adult professional in a demanding and cutting edge program and I want you all to know how much I admire and respect what you are accomplishing here with us.

I am not sure where all of you might be in terms of organizational developments within Bay Path College, so let me back up a bit just to be sure that we are all on the same page. In the 2010-2011 academic year the College made a strategic decision to separate our academic departments into Schools and then hire and appoint deans to lead and oversee these new schools. Toward this end the College created these units: The Schools of: Management and Social Justice; Education; Adult and Professional Studies and the College of Arts and Sciences. As part of this reorganization the MHE program was placed in the School of Management and Social Justice, and I was hired as your dean.

Last August Dr Thomas Loper was brought on board as an Associate Professor of Management and as the new Director of the MHE program. The previous Director, Dr. Kris Barnett, became the Associate Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences. These changes all reflected the new positive direction that the College and the MHE program have taken and both have flourished under this new leadership structure. You all know Dr. Loper as a caring, compassionate and excellent leader and under his tutledge the MHE program has grown in numbers and stature.

Our Provost recognized Dr Loper's organizational skills and I am very proud and pleased that he has been appointed as:
                                                                Assistant to the Provost for Innovation and Academic Planning as well as Associate Professor of Management

This is a very positive development for the College as well as a significant promotion for Dr Loper, and we are all looking forward to reaping the considerable benefits of his experience and leadership.

We are all very fortunate that we have an excellent and very well qualified individual who will be taking over the leadership of the MHE program and I am very pleased to be able to announce that:

                                                                Dr Lauren Way will be the new director of the MHE program as well as an Associate Professor of Management

Both Dr Way and Dr Loper will assume their new duties effective July 1st.

The School has worked tirelessly to ensure that this transition is seamless and smooth for our students. Dr Way is fully up to speed with the details and strategy for the program moving forward and I know that you will continue to receive not only an excellent education but all our hallmark excellent service. Both of them will be contacting you directly regarding their new responsibilities. If there is anything that I or my office can do for you please do not hesitate to ask, and all questions regarding your academic progress should be directed to Dr Way.

Please join me in congratulating both professors for their accomplishments and new responsibilities. The College and our students will both reap the benefits of these changes

Best wishes to you all for a successful completion of the program and I am looking forward to shaking your hand at graduation.

Please enjoy the summer and this great weather

Dean Mills

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Dr. Lauren Way, our new Director for the MHEA Program! The photo includes Dr. Tom Loper, Dr. Kris Barnett and Dr. Lauren Way. It was taken at the Faculty Dinner in May at the Colony Club in Springfield, MA. All three Ed.D.s enjoyed the gathering immensely.

    Rest assured, I'll be working closely with Lauren during the upcoming months to ensure a smooth transition of our responsibilities. Just as Kris did for me when I took over the program.

    Best regards,

    Dr. Loper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Drs. Way and Loper on your new endeavors! The MHEA Program has benefitted from Dr. Loper's fine leadership and will continue to do so with Dr. Way's expertise in higher education. Students: Be sure to connect with Dr. Way soon; she has much to offer you in your studies and your careers!

    ReplyDelete